As we move forward in the New Year 2010, for a new level of growth, I look back at how 2009 was. It was indeed a beautiful and a very progressive year for us. In fact since I realised my relationship with my Ultimate Father, which is little less than five years now, every single moment has been new to me. Vinay and myself have grown in a humongous way since.
Today morning someone wished me – This year is gone, may the next year be better than this one. I replied that this was the most fruitful year ever in my life and the next one is definitely going to be even better. I would like to share as to how this has been really fruitful year of my life:
1. We’ve become more established in God as we’ve never been before.
2. We have heard God more than we’ve ever done before.
3. We conquered many old mindsets and reached new levels in our walk with God.
4. We’ve been obedient to God in more ways than we’ve ever been.
5. We’ve out reached many more hurting souls with His Word, as never done before.
6. We’ve been able to make a difference in many more peoples’ lives as never done before.
Then how come this is not a fruitful year for us? I would like to share the following ways God used us for His work this year:
1. We went online and have outreached souls through this blog, launched in September 2009.
2. We started a daily SMS service of His Word for the precious children of God.
3. We started two projects with the UT Chandigarh Administration:
a) Partnership Initiative Program with the Education Department for out of school children. This gave me an opportunity to impregnate the Word of God in children’s lives through story sessions and separately holding motivational sessions through the Word of God for teachers, volunteer and their co-ordinator. Not only that, we got the children immunized as well.
b) Our Foundation has also partnered with the Department of Social Welfare and adopted more than hundred families for impregnating values in them. This has given me an opportunity to outreach approximately 500 people with the Word of God.
4. We adopted a girl child from SOS sponsoring her yearly education and other expenses.
5. We outreached to UNICEF for the immunization program of children.
6. We outreached many children for bearing their medical expenses and one child was suffering from Immune Deficiency.
7. We outreached to another family with child undergoing treatment for Immune Deficiency problem by giving them emotional support through the Word of God.
8. The readership of our magazine NUPUR which we publish twice a year has increased manifold and many who read NUPUR were counselled to build a personal relationship with God.
We truly believe if you are obedient and available to God all the time, God will use you in ways unthinkable. It gives us so much privilege and confidence that God, the King, the Creator, the Sustainer and Destroyer of this universe has used us. Wow! How awesome. I firmly believe that the coming year 2010 will be a much more fruitful year and we’ll be used by God in much bigger ways.
I want to thank all those people who have associated with our Foundation in some way or the other, people who have read our blog posts and especially those who have taken out time to comment. Thank you all for your confidence in us. God bless you and God loves you – Shalini Mehta